Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I actually started 2 more projects last night.

Update: The blue chenille scarf (a gift for my best friend) is starting to come along. It's on row 3 and I'm estimating it will be 12 rows total. I don't know how long 9 rows will take.

The sage scarf (another gift) is still a little shaky, but it's a row behind the blue scarf, so I expect it to firm up after the next turn.

This summer/fall I did an eyelash scarf as a gift for a friend. It came out ok, but I still haven't finished it off. For some reason I'm having a complete mental block on tying it off & weaving the tail in.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, I decided to make a gift for my office's White Elephant Gift Exchange next week. NEXT WEEK!
So I did this last night:

From Crafts


It started coming along pretty well, pretty quickly. Lion Brand Jiffy yarn in taupe mist and a K hook. It's got really good stitch definition. Then I got worried that I had misjudged how much yarn I would need to finish and I switched to something that I have more of:

From Crafts

(Terrible picture, I know.) I've been struggling with the chenille yarn, but then it hit me. I've been working the foundation chain to be the length of the scarf when I should be making it the width. After a few rows the chenille starts to hold together better, so I should build the rows faster!

No comments: