Thursday, December 11, 2008

And in non-yarn news...

SCRAPBOOKING
I have never successfully completed a scrapbook. It seems to be a social thing, so I need a scrap buddy. My friends that scrap all say that they work best when they're with other people. It makes sense, because it demands a lot of attention, like sewing or beading - so it's not something you can do while watching television.

BEADING
I need to learn how to use crimping beads so I can make better necklaces & bracelets. I'm doing ok with the earrings. I also want to get into making wire jewelry as well.

NEEDLEPOINT
I have 2 needlepoint projects (not yet begun) on my craft shelf. I'm not sure how much I want to pursue this, considering all the other projects I already have on deck.

SEWING
I think I'm putting my sewing aspirations on hold for a while. I don't have the space in my apartment for the cutting & pinning. I may go ahead & take the sewing fundamentals class at G Street. I could pick up enough to do some simple things like hemming pants with my smaller machine.

I have a quilt to finish, as well as 2 pillows. I'm hoping the smaller machine will work for these.

**Also, when I get my new stove, I may look into cake decorating because that looks like fun.

No comments: