Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Status report

The skirt was coming along nicely until I put the elastic in for the waist. The main issue, I think, is that the pattern calls for .5" elastic, but I think it needs something wider. It's also possible that the skirt is too big and has too much fabric bunched around the waist.

In any case, at this step, the skirt went from being something I might actually wear to being just a project for the experience. And at that point I lost all motivation to work on it.  So, I consulted a friend and experienced seamstress for advice.  It wouldn't be too difficult to rip out the stitches and start the waist over, but I'm concerned that using more fabric at the waist will affect the pattern in some way I can't predict.

Other tidbits:
I think I have enough jewelry to open my etsy store, but I still need to do photos, descriptions, and prices.

We've reorganized the craft room at the house, so I hope to be more productive now.

I haven't crocheted anything in months.  It's so hard to get the motivation for that when it's warm out.

No comments: